Mission, Vision and values
A Jerusalemite community living in dignity
Believing in the importance of learning, comprehensive education and the need to bring about social change, Al Saraya Center for Community Service, located in the heart of the Old City of Jerusalem works on the development of life skills especially for children, women and youth through outreach programs and non-formal education in collaboration and networking with various community based institutions.
-Transparency -Quality, excellence and distinction
-Commitment -The right to live decently
1. Women, children and youth have knowledge of life skills.
- Activities for definition of life skills amongst children, women and youth.
- Informational materials to introduce awareness of life skills.
- Studies and researches.
2. Women, children and youth are practicing the life skills required to deal with the challenges of the surrounding environment.
- Women empowerment program to promote economic and personal independency.
- Encouragement and development of children creativity
- Programs to develop children and youth academic and social skills.
3. Effective Administrative structure and adequate financial resources.
- A new management system.
- Financial system according to internationally approved financial regulations
- Adequate and sustainable financial resources.
 Life Skills: are the personal and societal behaviors and skills needed for the target groups to deal with themselves and their society with more confidence and appreciation, through taking the appropriate decisions on different levels ( personal, social, emotional …), building different tools responsible of personal actions, understanding one’s self and those of others, creating positive relationships with others, avoiding conflicts and creating techniques to solve them in case they occur. (UNICEF, 2011)